Precision in Fastener Applications
The next generation approach to challenges and solutions of bolts, gasket, flanges, and related applications.
- Real Time Online Delivery – Live Training Sessions
- Virtual Attendance for 4 Days Training
- Guided Learning Hours – 16
- Case Studies, Practical Exercises, Q & A,
- Pre-Course Access: Intro Session Coupon, Pre-Event Questionnaire, Presentation Slide Deck
This 4-Day Online Course “Precision in Fastener Applications” will enhance the safety and reliability of your operation by honing skills of the workforce. The course will cover bolted applications for flanges on pressure piping and vessels. It will include recommended gasket selection, bolting for structural components, stress-strain curve for a bolt, discuss torque vs bolt tension, challenges of temperature and pressure changes.
The Daily 4-Hr Sessions will provide you with learning objectives (among many): proper and precision bolting, strength of bolting materials – specifications – selection, techniques, and tools to achieve proper bolt tension, bolt stretch vs strain, cupped or deformed washers, safe disassembly of bolted joints, remove/extract broken bolts or taps.
Our expert is a Mechanical Engineer with over 50+ years in a variety of industries. While he has a wide-ranging competence in several areas, his focus is on precision alignment of rotating and stationary equipment, integrity of vessels and piping, best lubrication practices, PM optimization and root cause analysis with implementation of corrective action, all of which are basically “Defect Elimination”.
Has worked on various projects helping clients set up Preventive Predictive Maintenance
processes and developed/performed training in Rotating Equipment Alignment, Leak Free
Flange Assembly, Lubrication Best Practices that helped clients/employers optimize reliability and synergistically reduce maintenance costs. His current certification status: CMRP, CRL, MLT II, IR I, CWI (expired), Vibration Analyst II (expired).
- In depth knowledge of proper and precision bolting
- Use of charts to determine bolts that should be used in an application.
- Comprehension of bolt stretch vs. strain and catastrophic result of stretching a bolt beyond its yield point.
- Daily Case studies (among many) – calculation exercises tension method, temperature and pressure effects on bolt load, thread galling problems
- Daily Exercises (among many) – Stress strain curve for fasteners (the stages of tension), demonstration of lubed vs dry bolt torque/tension values, the effect that tightening a flange bolt has on the tension of the adjacent bolts.
Who Should Attend
- Directors and Senior Leadership
- Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Reliability Engineers
- Safety Managers
- Operation and Maintenance Supervisors
- Pipefitters, Boilermakers including all the workforce that perform bolted connections
- Power Generation
- Food and Beverage
- Oil and Gas
- Fabrication and Repair Facilities/Shops
- Petro Chemical, especially hazardous chemicals
- Paper Mills
For participation details contact
+1 780 851 7197 (Canada)