Energy Storage & Battery Integration to Power Systems
- Real Time Online Delivery – Live Training Sessions
- Virtual Attendance for 5 Days Training
- Guided Learning Hours – 16 (3 Hrs x 5 Days + additional summary sessions)
- Comprehensive Learning Kit
- IEEE Certification
This 5 Day Online Course covers the main aspects of energy storage facilities including types and operating requirements for an integrated, reliable and stable power system. It will assist professionals in planning & operation of a power system with increasing penetration of renewable resources in particular solar & wind. The characteristics of battery storage and renewable resources are discussed from a local, consumer and a system perspective, highlighting the ever-changing model for energy delivery to customers.
This training presents the technical challenges associated with interconnecting and integrating safely & reliably solar power onto the electricity grid. State of the art technology in inverters are discussed along with the case studies from international community are presented. Effects of smart grids and distributed generation challenges are discussed throughout the course. Distributed generation are analysed in sufficient technical & financial level of detail to cover integration of RE with the focus on energy storage.
The contribution of inverter-based generators that provides voltage support, frequency response and regulation (droop response) are discussed as well as reactive power & power quality issues. The course describes how the micro-grids controller permit fully automated energy management.
Our expert consultant is a fellow of IET, well established british technical expert & manager, recognised leader in power industry in UK and worldwide for over 30 years.
Few work highlight of our expert; senior executive & consultant, managing technical side of the business in major organizations, developing business and managing a group to undertake design, construction and commissioning of T&D projects as well as railway systems on multimillion projects such as great western railways electrification project and london underground. Evaluation of connection options of moorside nuclear plan to the 400k national grid system.
An expert training facilitator currently providing a series of practical training sessions on power systems for technical & non-technical professionals (engineers, economists, lawyers, bankers, investors), load forecasting, transmission and distribution planning with economic aspects, relay protection, energy efficiency & substation and OHL design, power quality, concepts of traction systems in the far east, middle east, europe, apac & africa.
- Learn and explore the control & operation of battery storage (BS) facilities
- Develop smart grid solutions changing the resiliency of distribution networks
- Understand how renewables with battery storage integrate with the T&D Networks
- Identify the lifecycle of solar & wind projects from approval phase to connection to the grid
- Upgrade your skill with Case Studies on standard role in development of storage & application, role of grid codes in power systems & safety in PS operation; legal obligation
Who Should Attend
- Power System Manager
- Transmission & Distribution Operation Staff
- Planning & Engineering Managers in Electric Utility Generation
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
For participation details contact
+1 786 633 1223(Canada)