QbD, Scale-Up, Validation: The Lifecycle Management
- Real Time Online Delivery – Live Training Sessions
- Virtual Attendance for 4 Days Training
- Guided Learning Hours – 16
- Case Studies, Practical Exercises, Q & A
- Pre-Course Access: Intro Session Coupon, Pre-Event Questionnaire, Presentation Slide Deck
The aim of this 4 Day Online Course is to provide an insight into the pharmaceutical product and process lifecycle concept. The course covers both small and large molecules, i.e. both biotech process (upstream, downstream), chemical pharmaceutical API and drug products and is based on EU and US regulations supported by ICH.
The Daily 4 Hrs sessions will discuss (among many others): pharmaceutical process development using QbD principles, establishing the control strategy, transfer of the process into commercial operations, validating it and being able to execute it for routine production – product realization (manufacture and release products). High attention will be on the Quality by Design approach and the establishment of the Control Strategy that drives scale-up, technology transfer, qualification, validation, commercial operation and continual improvement. These sessions will be interactive with a combination of course lectures and group exercises
Our Expert Trainer has experience of 20+years in the pharmaceutical industry.
A consultant, specialised in the science & risk-based concept of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing including quality by design (QbD), process analytical technology (PAT), process validation lifecycle (PV), good manufacturing practice (GMP), quality risk management (QRM) and the related regulatory & compliance aspects. Over the years held various management & specialist portfolios; head of QC, PAT and QBD, technology transfer assignment with innovator & generic companies and pharma industries 4.0 projects involvement of late.
An expert in implementing a lifecycle approach to process validation, active in shaping the international QBD concept based on ICH Q8-11 guidelines. 15+ years association with ISPE including being the chair of PQLI control strategy team. One of the co-authors of the ISPE PQLI good practice guide (2011), a well-respected speaker & trainer at different conferences, seminar & workshop.
- The lifecycle approach to validation including the regulatory expectations.
- The science and risk-based approach to pharmaceutical development and process design.
- How to apply QbD principles for process design, qualification and control.
- Quality Risk Management principles and tools and why they are important.
- How to validate a process including justifying the number of validation batches.
- How design of experiments and PAT helps to gain process understanding.
Who Should Attend
- Pharmaceutical development
- Process design
- Process qualification and validation
- Process support
- Process engineering
- Ongoing process verification and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Technology Transfer
- Manufacturing Supervisor/Engineer/Manager
For participation details contact
+1 780 851 7197 (Canada)